Follow the steps below to test your calculators and widgets before going live by using the same embed code in both the demo and production environments.
Testing in a staging/dev environment:
With Chimney's embed code there is no need for a separate testing account. You can use the same embed code in staging and product which will ensure your changes are consistent in both environments.
- Step 1: Follow the Implementation Guide to embed the calculator(s) and/or widget(s) into your test environment.
- Step 2: Once tested, follow the same instructions to add the calculator(s) and/or widget(s) into your production environment.
Testing widgets using query parameters:
- Step 1: Follow the Implementation Guide to made sure Chimneys Site Script is live.
- Step 2: In the widget targeting settings use the query parameter settings to target the widget to only display on a specific demo URL.
- Step 4: Once tested, follow the instructions in the Implementation Guide to add the widget(s) to your production environment.
- Step 5: Make any necessary updates to the widget targeting settings for the widget to display on your production URL(s).